And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot And auld lang syne?
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And auld lang syne?
Take heed, not to forget the past…………..
Stuck in the past
Reminiscing, has been shown to provide comfort..
Unfortunately, it is often criticized, because it is seen as a past-orientated emotion – a longing for the “good” old days. But……. wistful thinking is able to brighten the future.
This is the finding of a group of researchers from the University of Southampton.
Moments in time
The research team asked volunteers to bring to mind an event and then write about it. Some people were told to write about a nostalgic event, others were told to write about an ordinary event.
The pieces of writing were then scrutinized.
The team were looking for words considered to be optimistic.
Nostalgia fuels optimism
Nostalgic writings were significantly more upbeat, with significantly more optimistic words appearing in the stories.
The same happy philosophy surfaced when volunteers listened to music or read the lyrics of songs, they considered to have special meaning.
During the year I’ve learned a lot about blogging and biology, hope you have learned a little too. Today I want to think back on my favourite posts. I have divided it up into my favourite health tips and those that have fabulous cartoons.
The six things everyone should know…
- Fat people aren’t lazy they just have very busy friends
- Squelching the fire of indigestion is burning your bones
- Germ free milk is not good medicine
- Are today’s kids too clean for their own good ?
- The advice to avoid fish during pregnancy is a little fishy
- If you want to stop brain rust – install a red robot
Three posts that are a little left of centre, but I enjoyed TREMENDOUSLY.
- Having a baby means you will need to budget for new shoes
- Let the boys out – woof, woof
- A stick of chewing gum gets the gut going after surgery
My favourite cartoons
Each post is illustrated with a cartoon custom drawn by my right hand man, Guy Alain Ngangob. Alain has the ability to capture my ideas and then take them to the next level.
- Could your sperm be carrying the mark of the beast ?
- The voice left standing wins the should I eat it debate
- Spritzing with deodorant may not be necessary
- Going to the movies can boost your academic performance
- Pay cash to avoid cookies taking advantage of you
- Swaddle up but leave those hips swinging
HAPPY NEW YEAR
So as you say goodbye to 2013, look for the good times.
Even if it 2013 has been a rough year, I am sure you can think of one or two things that created special memories in the past.
Ruminate on these………….. so you start 2014 in an OPTIMISTIC MOOD.
Hope you have a fantastic 2014 and you achieve
BETTER BODY CHEMISTRY
Want to know how to create BETTER BODY CHEMISTRY ?
Don’t miss future tips, subscribe to E-spoons, our free e-zine.
NOTE : Privacy & spam policy. Spoonful of Science will not rent, trade or sell the e-mail list to anyone. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link.