Mothering a teenage mutant is going to be tough….
The average teenager seems to develop a kind of death wish. The objective is to kill you, with worry, as they explore sex, drugs and “rock ‘n roll”. You are the “village idiot”, know nothing, count for nothing, except when the “sky falls” on top of them, in which case you are expected to rush in like a knight in shining armour to save the day. You will not be thanked for your efforts, accept it and move on. I have it on good authority – in most cases they grow up.
Some health issues are unique to the teenage population, most are not.
The blog provides some ideas to get them through school in Neurotechnology Tips , as well as ammunition to use if you find yourself in a “war against drugs” or playing “Agony Aunt” or maybe in agony yourself.
Teenage health issues………..
Ammunition for the war on drugs
PS. Secret is to drop scientific findings into the conversations casually BUT don’t make a big deal of it. Nagging tends to be counter-productive.
- Nicotine helps keep your body thin but it’s thinning out your brain
- Caffeine is the ultimate party killjoy
- Drinking till you’re “motherless” leaves you stem cell less
- Smoking pot makes you potty
- Java Junkies. The truth about caffeine addiction
- Don’t let alcohol hang the wiring in your brain
Being a shoulder to cry on when things don’t go exactly as planned
PS. They usually know more about sex than you do. Dating advice will also probably need to be subtle as well
e.g. To your son who is struggling to get a date – “why don’t you wear something red”, because you know that “Men who accessorize with red have sex appeal”
- How “Mr Average” doubled the odds of getting a date and how you can to
- How to determine if your man is an alpha male
- The scary movie effect for “successful” dating
- For big decisions bringing in the bladder to “help” the brain is best
Handling the psychological trauma of being the parent of a teenager
A healthy dose of all 7 of the 7 Big Spoon™s will help, but if you need help in a hurry, try these.
- Are you more likely to snap if you are “hungry” ?
- Don’t bother counting your blessings rather count your groups of “friends”
- How to painlessly activate the self control muscle
- How caffeine keeps you going and going – visit the caffeine spoon for more info on this productivity chemical
- Laughing is not just good medicine for the soul it helps the heart too
Managing your own health issues……..
Keep the grey hairs and wrinkles which your teenager is creating under wraps…..
Want to learn how to tame those out of control hormones in your teenager ?